In Chapter One of John C. Maxwell’s book, Developing the Leader Within You 2.0, John recaps The 5 Levels of Leadership which is also the title of one of his books. He gives insight into how people at different levels manage others, runs businesses, and affect others and their organizations. These 5 Levels of Leadership are:
- Position. This level is the basic entry-level and represents leadership before a leader has developed any real influence with the people being led.
- Permission. In this level, people follow because they want to follow the leader. This is the permission level and is characterized by good relationships.
- Production. People follow because of what you have done for the organization. On level 3, people get things done. And they help the members of their team get things done. Together they produce results.
- People Development. People follow because of what you have done to help them. Leaders become great not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others.
- Pinnacle. This highest level is based on reputation. People at the pinnacle level are known not only outside of their own organizations, but outside of their fields, their countries, and even their lifetimes.
Good day to you! I’m Bart Nollenberger, and one of my most profound mentors is and has been John C. Maxwell and others in the John Maxwell Team. This is why I chose to become an Executive Director as part of The John Maxwell Team. I have the privilege of offering my services as a mentor to many and one of the easiest ways this is done is through MasterMind Groups.
I do many MasterMind Group sessions on The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, Developing the Leader Within You 2.0, and many other training opportunities created by John C. Maxwell and The John Maxwell Team. See more at the link below and get in touch with me regarding the next session, or any other of the many John Maxwell Team coaching and mentoring that I offer.
For more information:
Better yet, call me at 480-327-8751, and let’s chat about your needs and desires to grow.